What's on My List?
- The Beautiful Days of My Youth by Ana Novac.
- Jersey Tomatos are the Best by Maria Padian.
- The Notebook by Nicolas Sparks
- Pretties by Scott Westerfield
- Writing the Breakout Novel by Donald Maass
My Recommendations (if you're interested! :)
- The Scorpio Races by Maggie Steifvater.
-Did you see this coming? Yeah, I figured. If not, read my rave review. Two reasons to read this mythical beast of novel: (1) It's a Teens Top Ten Pick, & (2) it won the Printz Award. Plus...it's fun without being forgettable. Perfect for summer! This book is going to hit it big, folks. You'll be right on board with the market if you read this now.
- The Saturdays by Elizabeth Enright
-Or, really, this whole adorable series. If you have kids, this is clean, brilliant fun from the 1940s. Mona, Rush, Randy and Oliver are the perfect kids for your children to follow around--not to mention dear father and Cuffy, the housekeeper.
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore
- The Hobbit by You-know-Who (a.k.a J.R.R. Tolkien. Wow. Look at all those periods.)
- Walking on Water: Reflections on Faith and Art by Madeleine L'Engle
I wish you a grand summer filled with books! And now, I am about two begin my next NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) adventure: Camp NaNoWriMo (the same noveling adventure, but set in the summer). Check it out, if you want inspiration! If you want to know what NaNoWriMo is all about, click my "Useful Websites" label, and scroll to the bottom the of that page. There's a post on what it is, and why it's useful.
See you next week!