Pages

Friday, May 31, 2013

Library Summer Reading Program 2013

30 Days of Gratitude- Day 15 (6347253194)
No, I did not make these. Yes, I wish I had.

Hey Scribblers & Book Bandits!

The Children's and Teens' Summer Reading Programs begin tomorrow (June 1st, 2013) at all Lake County Libraries. The theme is "Reading is So Delicious!"

If you have a kid preschool-6th grade, you can come to the Lakeport Library from 10am-1pm to participate in "Super Sign-Up Saturday." Kids can do crafts while you sign them up for some fun this summer. You can register your child (or, as was my case last summer, the children you babysit!) at any time during the course of the program. 6th Graders may join the Teen program instead of the Children's, if they prefer.

The Teen program is going to be a blast this summer. I know because I've been helping plan it! We're taking field trips, doing crafts, decorating cupcakes and more. Teens who read three Young Adult level novels will win a prize and get a bookplate in a special book. If they write reviews, they are also entered into a grand prize drawing for a Kindle Fire. (Whoa! Where was this program when I was a teen?) C'mon teens, you know you want to join.

See you there tomorrow- I'll be volunteering at the front desk for the first time!

Have a good week, friends.

Photo Attribution
By aussiegall from sydney, Australia (30 Days of Gratitude- Day 15  Uploaded by russavia) [CC-BY-2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment