Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

New Years and an Announcement


On New Years I always look back at what happened during the past year. It's fun to see what God has been up to and if I've spent my time well. Sometimes I write new resolutions too, but usually that ship has sailed already by December.
     What about you? How did your year go? Looking back, have you accomplished some feats of awesomeness? Are you writing resolutions to try something new? Is next year going to rock? Feel free to post about it in the comments section. We're brainstorming here! ;) Go dream. I'd love to hear your plans, whether they're family trips, writing plans or school stuff. Everyone on my blog is a friend. And plus, if you tell people about them, you're more likely to follow through! If the comments section below confuses you (it still does me! If you get it your first try, you must be rather canny and clever), here's a post that should help. The 3rd paragraph explains it.
     My last year definitely rocked! I got married, wrote my first novel and revised it to its timely and very certain death (this is comepletely normal, as scary as that sounds). No mourning here, though, because I also started my next novel! I'm armed with all the knowledge gained by the hundreds of hours spend writing this year. I also wrote several short stories this year, which leads into my next thread...
     I'm going to post one of my short stories on this blog next week. This is the first time I'm making a complete story publicly available. I've been planning for the perfect time to reveal some of my work. What better time than the beginning of the new year? I'm entering this story into a contest, so I'd love to know if you liked it or see any problems in it. Trust me, I like criticism on my writing. Feel free to say what you want about it. Let me know what you think when I post it next week! It's only 500 words, which is about two pages long.
     I hope you enjoy it! And if you could, please tell any teen girls you know about it! I wrote it with them in mind.
     Thank you, you lovely people! Happy New Years!

No comments:

Post a Comment